Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Ghandi

Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School

Doesn't the start of fall and going back to school  just make you feel like everything is back in order again? What is it? The month of August just seems like a month in which not much is accomplished, there is a lot of concentration on BBQ's, camping, hiking, swimming, and definitely not work. But here it is again- back to school and I am gearing up my kids to be involved in all sorts of activities and events. 

With the thoughts of activities and events in mind, I have been thinking lately about taking my son with me on a mission trip. At this time, I truly think my son is a little too young, but I think it is important to see the world through experiences and helping others. When he does come along with me, I hope he also sees the value. 

We have volunteered at our church for various things, but it usually ends up with him running around having a lot of fun...he's three, what can I truly expect? If not an actual trip, then we will continue to volunteer locally in our community - I think every little bit of exposure helps keep his eyes and heart open. 

But this blog isn't about my son- its about our organization and how we can help you find great humanitarian pursuits! 


This week we are highlighting the AmeriCares Free Clinics. The AmeriCares Free Clinics rely on volunteers to provide free, high- quality health care to the uninsured, low-income residents of the communities we serve.

It is due to their selfless volunteer doctors, nurses, screeners, interpreters and administrative assistants that they are able to make a difference in the lives of so many.

AmeriCares Free Clinics provide quality health care to uninsured residents of Connecticut in a setting where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. The intention of the AmeriCares Free Clinics is to help those who are making a sincere effort to help themselves and their families, but do not have the financial resources for medical care

The AmeriCares Free Clinics rely on volunteers to provide free, high- quality health care to the uninsured, low-income residents of the communities we serve.

Check them out!  AmeriCares Free Clinic




No comments:

Post a Comment